Mastering the esthetic prototype for partial and full mouth oral rehabilitation
The importance of preserving as much tooth structure as possible in our porcelain veneer or full mouth rehabilitation cases is crucial for the long-term success of our restorations.
By including the bonded functional esthetic prototype (BFEP) into this equation, we can achieve:
1. A functional "mock-up" that our patients can wear for a prolonged period of time.
2. Controlled and calibrated tooth reduction to preserve tooth vitality in excessive wear cases.
3. Use the BFEP as an occlusal splint when altering VDO.
In this course we will walk you through a logical treatment planning sequence that will help you
organize your clinical steps and increase your acceptance rate.
Upon completion of this Hands-On course the participant will:
• Understand the importance of preserving enamel during porcelain veneer preparation
• Calibrate reduction during full coverage and partial coverage preparations
• Understand the role of occlusion in restorative dentistry
• Become familiar with the BFEP concept
• Implement the BFEP technique into everyday practice
• Understand how you can use the BFEP as an occlusal split in cases that require alteration of the VDO
The course will be held at the Le Meridian Hotel in Atlanta, GA on Saturday, August 29th, 2020 from 8:00 am to 5:15 pm.
A link to the hotel can be found below. Breakfast and lunch will be provided
• $695.00 (If paid by July 17)
• $835.00 (If paid after July 17)
• Cost includes all materials and models for the hands-on
• Participants must bring loupes
Saturday, August 29th, 2020
8:00 - 8:30 AM
Registration and Continental Breakfast
Welcome & Course Overview – Dr. Mario Romero, Course Director/Lecturer
BFEP part I: Introduction (5min), Occlusal considerations in restorative dentistry (55min). -Dr. Mario Romero
HANDS-ON clear tray fabrication and impression using a stock tray (45min).
BFEP part II: Introduction to the BFEP philosophy, ACE classification, The diagnostic wax-up, Material selection and clinical steps (90 min) -Dr. Mario Romero
HANDS-ON fabrication of the BFEP using flowable (45 min)
BFEP part III: Clinical steps for porcelain veneers and full mouth rehabilitation
(30 min), How to use the BFEP as a diagnostic aid for comprehensive treatment planning (30 min).
BFEP part IV: Veneer preparation using the BFEP as a guide (30 min). "Loupes needed" - Dr. Mario Romero
HANDS-ON fabrication of the BFEP using packable (45 min)
Clinical case presentations and Q&A
8:30 AM - 8:45 AM
8:45 AM - 9:45 AM
9:45 AM - 10:30 AM
10:30 AM - 12: 00 PM
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
1:00 PM - 1:45 PM
1:45 PM - 2:45 PM
2:45 PM - 3:00 PM
3:00 PM - 3:30 PM
3:30 PM - 4:15 PM
4:15 PM - 5:00 PM
5:00 PM -5:15 PM